Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I hate it and prefer the old one

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We would also like some posts as to what you think of this new style for the default CLF style.
Some of you may be using the woodgrain one and we'll be keeping that.
If someone really dislikes the new look we could keep the blue one I suppose if you'll hate looking at the new one ;)

The new one IMO has a more updated look, is easy on the eyes, and something we'll enjoy looking at.

Since May 5th is our 10th anniversary we thought we would do something new and we will be upgrading the version of phpBB that we use.

Anyway I took a few screen shots of the new style and put them together.
It's not the whole forums pages and is just an image so clicking on something won't do you any good 8:)

http://chicagolandfishing.com/sample.htm

·
Registered
110 Posts
Sample

Ed,
I like the woodgrain, rather than the sample, the sample is too corporate. I know that you said that you would be keeping the woodgrain, but why show us the sample. I may have missed something again.
Keep up the good work.
Fishingvest

·
Premium Member
11,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Sample

FishingVest said:
Ed,
I like the woodgrain, rather than the sample, the sample is too corporate. I know that you said that you would be keeping the woodgrain, but why show us the sample. I may have missed something again.
Keep up the good work.
Fishingvest
The woodgrain one is an option that can be selected.
If you have that one selected and get logged in automatically when you visit, you won't even know anything has changed.
By default people see the blue one though.
Any guest visiting the site sees the blue one also, so we thought we would update things.
We've gone from basically being viewed by folks in Chicagoland to being regularly looked at by people all over the U.S. and are usually visited by people from 65-70 different countries each month now.
Besides that we've been looking at the same blue one (unless you have the other one) for 10 years now. hehe

·
Registered
882 Posts
I like the new one better with one exception....the site feature boxes towards the top of the page (pm's, profile, photo album, etc.) are a little small and hard to read on the new style page. Other than that, it looks great :)2

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
It reminds me of another site I'm not crazy about, I'l
stick with the woodgrain. Neil

·
Registered
174 Posts
I think the new style looks great except....

To my eyes the black text describing each category blends with the gray. I assume that each post that is posted will be this way. Kind of gives me a headache alittle.

Make the text a different color to provide more contrast and easier to read IMO.

Just a suggestion but I still think it looks good.

G

·
I like the woodgrain better. That new style has a few different fonts that don't play nice with each other. I've been a member at bloodydecks.com for years, and they have the easiest to navigate layout I've ever seen. It's not really a competing site, so I hope I'm not out of line posting that here.

·
Premium Member
3,604 Posts
Been using the woodgrain for awhile, better than the Old Style (pun intended) :)2

But............ could live with the old also. the new sample one proposed is also GOOD, sorta pleasant, & calm, not flashy. Have the option to pick what one wants in the subscriber mode.

http://chicagolandfishing.com/sample.htm <NICE.

·
Premium Member
2,582 Posts
At the top of the page is profile click on it about two thirds of th way down is th option to change the appearance of the site. I am a traditionalist myself. I am sticking with my boy blue.

·
Premium Member
11,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Click on profile at the top of the page, 3rd from right on the navigation bar.
Near the bottom of things in your profile there is a line that says:
Board Style.
It is a drop down menu, the only updated ones nopw though are the BMan1Blue - The default blue one everyone sees.
Chronicles - The woodgrain one

The others on the list aren't used anymore so don't select one of the others or you won't see what's really going on.

The new style we're getting your opinions on is not meant to compete with the woodgrain one.

It's a choice between the current blue and the new one.
If we offer a bunch a different styles it just means that anytime there is something that is updated we have to do it to all of them, we tried that and ended up with things getting jumbled so we'd like to keep it to the woodgrain one and another one.

By the way, the woodgrain one now lines up correctly. ;)

·
Registered
356 Posts
Ohhhhhh, the woodgrain is so polished....lol. I kinda like it but I like the new one you are proposing better Ed.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Say what? If we're talking page themes I've been on the wood one for a long time.

·
Registered
489 Posts
ejsusmc said:
I've been a member at bloodydecks.com for years, and they have the easiest to navigate layout I've ever seen. It's not really a competing site, so I hope I'm not out of line posting that here.
That is totally out of line!!! I call for immediate dismissal of EJSUSMC's subscription, and would like to see criminal charges moving forward.

:p

I think I like the Blue better than the woodgrain, and I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.