ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One item, excluding boats or trucks anything else that easily goes into big money, and was it worth it?

·
Registered
275 Posts
.....i got a $40 mattlures bluegill swimbait to try around the spawn but i'm afraid to throw it!!!!!!!!

scary thing is these swimbait enthusiasts pay upwards of $200 for some of these baits.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Gortex Guide Rainsuit. Bibs and top $400.00 Used hard for 15 years, still good as new. Best money I ever spent.

·
Registered
124 Posts
$328.21 Quantum PT baitcast reel, and 7FT rod.
Three years later I remember down to the pennies because it changed the world of fishing to me. Good equipement makes all the difference in the world.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
$210 Daiwa Zillion
$350 Loomis GLX 843- didn't pay $350 since I got with an employee discount but it was still a lot.

·
Registered
101 Posts
It don't matter if you don't have a wife or girl friend.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I am with Fishinnut.....$1600+ for a Lowrance LCX38HD.....but it came on my new boat (an upgrade) so I am not sure it counts here. (It is sweeeeet though).
If that does not count, I'd say the last full tank of gas I bought for my Ranger 620 which ran me $183 !!!! :cry:

·
Premium Member
1,490 Posts
basscatsncarp said:
$328.21 Quantum PT baitcast reel, and 7FT rod.
Three years later I remember down to the pennies because it changed the world of fishing to me. Good equipement makes all the difference in the world.
Same deal here. $200 for a 6' St Croix and Quantum reel. From that point forward it was all top end rods and reels for me.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I thought musky fishing was expensive. Until I got into fly fishing...waaa waaa weee waah!

Ross Evolution reel + Orvis Silver label 7wt = around $900 a few years ago. Eeesh....

·
Premium Member
11,485 Posts
Boat, motors and trailer and truck. $22000 or close to it.

Kayak and stuff. $900

I consider the expensive stuff the crap you buy that break during first use. Famous crappie rods come to mind.

Had some jigheads from Dick's that lead came loose on. Not good. Yozuri line screwed up about 4 days fishing and a day fishing is well.... priceless.

Any trip to Cabela's is $300 plus.

·
Registered
162 Posts
My wife has internet access. As far as you all are concerned I have never spent a dime on fishing ;)

·
Premium Member
2,856 Posts
Daiwa STEEZ baitcaster, Shimano Calais, and St Croix Legend elite casting rod.

the calais DC and shimano cumara rod is next.

My best advice is to start with a expensive baitcaster alot easier to use and alot less frustration. plus your ahead of the game when it time to step up to a nice reel. my chronarch APV is my favorite everyday reel and its never failed me and after a copule years still casts the best.

·
Registered
107 Posts
:roll: When the first under water camara hit the market I paid 1500.00 bucks...... had it for 4-5 years before they became main stream.......and now the new depth finder I want is close to 2500.00 -3000.00:eek: :eek: :eek:
enjoyment...... was worth every penny....

·
Registered
96 Posts
My most expensive reel is a Curado, $199, and my most expensive rod is a G Loomis, $250. Love the Curado, haven't tried out the Loomis.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts