ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
This ply is very hard to find and when you do find some, watch out pocket book!! I lined the bottom of my Jon boat with ply for a new floor. Instead of marine ply, I use std teated ply and painted it with enamal on both sides, then covered it with glue and indoor/out door carpet. Worked great and it has held up to all of the elements for two years. The boat sets uncovered outside .

·
Premium Member
10,336 Posts
I used pressure treated plywood too, but after I cut the pieces, I put them in large black plastic garbage bags, laid them flat on the floor and poured in Thompsons water seal until it was covered... Sealed the bag and flipped every morning for a week... Sun dried for 48 hours, with a coat of polyurethane and some silica sand while wet... A couple uncarpeted areas of the deck are still uncovered after 8 years and holding up well...

·
Registered
518 Posts
Decked numerous boats with pressure treated ply only. Never had problems with any. Straight on floor with carpet glued right on top. Nothing fancy...and so far its worked out fine :)2

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.