ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Tubes77 said:
If you need gar spots, I can help you there too. We are seeing them by the hundreds right now in some areas.
I need gar spots!

I've been hitting that backwater you posted for bowfin, but only lost a couple so far. Its pretty much choked with weeds now though (and fishermen on the weekends.)

Where's the gar?

Thanks!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Maliboo said:
Tubes77 said:
If you need gar spots, I can help you there too. We are seeing them by the hundreds right now in some areas.
I need gar spots!

I've been hitting that backwater you posted for bowfin, but only lost a couple so far. Its pretty much choked with weeds now though (and fishermen on the weekends.)

Where's the gar?

Thanks!
Maliboo try Dupage river bottom of the dam in Channahon.
I pulld 2 out of ther 1 was bout 40" That's when I was there last a over month ago. Were 4or5 dozens that I seen then. A friend who lives down the street saids they are still there.

·
Premium Member
8,116 Posts
That's exactly one of the spots I was going to suggest!!! Also, there is a park just downriver from the dam that has lots of gar too. Not sure of the street names to get there, but if you google map or google earth it, you can see how to get there!

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Tubes77 said:
Also, there is a park just downriver from the dam that has lots of gar too. Not sure of the street names to get there, but if you google map or google earth it, you can see how to get there!

Blackberry Ln, off of Bridge St. Take Blackberry down to the dead end, and make a left. Its a Will Co. Forest Preserve. (Kerry Sheriden, 4 Rivers). Some decent spots to fish along the park there.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yak Man said:
Tubes77 said:
Also, there is a park just downriver from the dam that has lots of gar too. Not sure of the street names to get there, but if you google map or google earth it, you can see how to get there!

Blackberry Ln, off of Bridge St. Take Blackberry down to the dead end, and make a left. Its a Will Co. Forest Preserve. (Kerry Sheriden, 4 Rivers). Some decent spots to fish along the park there.
Thats the street.
I believe thats Moose Island. or 4 Rivers

Yakman NICE MUSKY. Where you get him at?..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Take 55 south to bluff rd, exit and get on the frontage rd. Go south to the stop sign which is Blogett Rd. Hang a right and go about 2 miles down and on your left you will see a backwater which is part of the DesPlaines conservation area. That backwater is loaded with them and some pretty good ones too. The only drawback is the weeds are growing fast and you won't be able to fish it much longer. We see them bowfishing all the time. Last weekend my daughter missed 3 of them in roughly an hour, and that was on the Desplaines river itself. Another place that has alot of them is the LaSalle Fish and Wildlife area just over the IN/IL border (the kankakee runs right through it). A lot of them are taken out of there by bowfishermen too (not me personally, but other guys shoot them there regularly).

Is this the place you were talking about to catch bowfin?

Attachments

21 - 31 of 31 Posts