ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't had much time to fish lately, was out briefly on Monday no real time no real fish. Just curious if others are still having any luck despite the Chicago Style change of season. If anyone can share any info on what's active (if anything) for the North Side I would appreciate it. Before the cold I was swithching from a tapering crappie bite to an increasing smallie bite, but then the weather and lack of time pushed me off. Looking forward to getting back out.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I got 2 browns on large minnows under a slip bobber this AM at Belmont harbor. Belmont has been better for me lately than Montrose. I think the construction at Montrose is making the fishing BAD! Last week I also got 2 browns and 1 coho. Everything has been between 2 and 3 lbs. on large minnows. Spoons haven't gotten anything for me. Tried all the KO Wobblers I have and some Kroc's. Nada! Hope that helps!

·
Registered
197 Posts
last thursday we nailed the coho (and a good size brown)with twister tails and small mid-diver cranks. if we had been actively fishing for coho (we were smallie fishing) we could have wore out our arms. fish were in the 7 to 10ft range, out from the walls anywhere from 3 to 12 feet and that was just about every wall we were on. dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.