ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about heading out this weekend since the water temps are up in the high 40s and i was wondering where would be a good place to go. I was thinking about heading to Burnham harbor but it hasn't produced last couple of times and i didn't know if any other places were more active. Thanks in advanced.

Capt.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dude thats a fatty fish! :eek: I was out at Burnan today and got a big fat SKUNK! Think ill try again tomorrow. I talked to a guy that was salmon fishing and he recomended a spot where he said would be a major producer on the lake side by the Shedd. The only reason i didn't get there today was b/c there was another guy that was fishing right on it. was that fish from today [email protected]?

Capt.

·
Registered
130 Posts
hey [email protected] what kind of line are u using have u been using a net or just swingin them up? Probably be out tomorrow morning just got some seagur inviz 10 lb. test i have heard very good things about that line see how it goes

·
Premium Member
2,856 Posts
that fish was 3.2# I didn't bring the net and did pay for it this morning breaking off a a 4+ just befofre it cleared the deck. If my buddy was with me he might have had a easy shot at it but I'll hook the fish again. i'm still using last years 10# XL. last year I flipped a 4.8# but that was nuts and i didn't have a choice nor did i think it was as big until the rod hit a breaking point. today I was using a 6.6MH but I'm think if I had my 7 it might have made it too. So now I'm going to buy a 7'6M or MH.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was in the harbor on the east side and then i moved up by the shed and worked my way around the Planetarium and then i came back by the shed around 10:30ish. Were you the guy using the baitcaster right by the corner?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had a 3/16 Pro finess boo bug on one rod and then i had a dropshot rig w/a gulp goby. I feel like a moron b/c i had a new pack of tubes and i totally forgot i had them. I was also throwing a perch colored minnow rap for reaction strikes. How about you?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts