ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
Was catching them on Channel Lake a few weeks ago while targeting largemouth. They were hitting jointed shad raps and jerkbaits in about 8 foot of water. Picked up some decent walleye as well. Surface temps have been fluctuating up and down as much as 10* weekly. Anywhere from mid 60's to mid 70's

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Was catching them on Channel Lake a few weeks ago while targeting largemouth. They were hitting jointed shad raps and jerkbaits in about 8 foot of water. Picked up some decent walleye as well. Surface temps have been fluctuating up and down as much as 10* weekly. Anywhere from mid 60's to mid 70's
Trolling or casting

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
Trolling or casting
Casting. The whites I caught were scattered in sparse weeds and I picked up the walleyes relating near weedy docks. I was marking solid schools of fish that I assume whites or crappies in 8-12ft relating to what's left of the weeds. I wasn't targeting them so I never tried to fish for them. The bass were still up shallow hitting worms and crawfish. Hard to find quality fish. 2 weeks ago on that hot Saturday we got (2) 3 pounders, 1 other keeper and maybe a dozen or so 12 inchers. I was on Tichigan last Sunday which is on the Fox River up in Racine County. No whites, bluegills were hot but small. Crappies were in the 9-10" range holding tight to shaded cover in less than 4 ft of water. Bites were extremely light. Pike were hanging out with the gills. Got bit off a couple times and even had 1 pike jump clear out of the water to grab a gill I lifted up.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
This has been a baddddd summer for me for fishing. Still working on getting stuff finished. Next summer all I have to do is paint my fence and wala I am done. Look out fishies, here I come.:)21

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
This has been a baddddd summer for me for fishing. Still working on getting stuff finished. Next summer all I have to do is paint my fence and wala I am done. Look out fishies, here I come.:)21
Still have another 8 weeks of soft water. Maybe longer if this weather keeps up. What are you waiting for? Gonna be 80 again this coming weekend.

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
Nice pics. Fun to find em and catch em :)2
Sure was. Not much size to them though. Only 8"-10" Would have been nice to hook into some bigger ones.It was fish after fish. They were only biting 1/2 crawlers. Wouldn't touch minnows. Think we went thru almost 3 dozen crawlers on the little bastards.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.