ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
11,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would share with you where CLF's visitors come from.
This map (from a statistics program) show the countries from which people have pulled up CLF.
Perhaps keep it in mind before getting into silly arguments.
Chicagoans may be thought of as...?
We have had some from our armed forces abroad participate on CLF before, and they continue to read.
On the map it doesn't show up very large but I want to say hi to our regular visitor(s) from Kuwait.

G

·
Those are actually Marines catching up on my latest Chuck Norris info 8:)

Spying on my IP reference ED ? Better not or will compulsively click your google bar......... just kidding

·
Administrator
11,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
digitalbluecat said:
Those are actually Marines catching up on my latest Chuck Norris info 8:)

Spying on my IP reference ED ? Better not or will compulsively click your google bar......... just kidding
Only know the countries of origin, that's it.
Some, of course, do a search for something, click on a page and then go away right away.
They show up as bouncebacks.
I haven't noticed an IP reaching CLF searching for Chuck Norris yet ;)
It's interesting to see the countries that people come from and actually read through CLF though.

BTW - The above map is generated from the past 3 weeks.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Hello to my Nigerian, Russina, and Chinesse h4x0r friends who make up half of the registered users here. Thanks for the offer, but I really have no use for FREE boner pills, and I am sorry to hear that you need $3k from me to free up your $20 million locked up in a foreing bank, it was nice to offer to split it, but I think i'll pass.

·
Administrator
11,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RiverRat242 said:
Hello to my Nigerian, Russina, and Chinesse
Those countries aren't close to the top 10.
1. United States
2. Canada
3. United Kingdom
4. Australia
5. Kuwait
6. Italy
7. France
8. Germany
9. Switzerland
10. Finland

·
Registered
110 Posts
Thanks Ed

Ed
Thanks for the information, it reminds of the power of the internet. Sometimes, I take the internet for granted and forget how many people can share information on a world wide basis. It would be nice to learn fishing tips from our far away visitors.
FishingVest

·
Registered
540 Posts
Thanks for the post Ed. I'm a stats freak and was wondering if you surveyed the CFL realm. Of registered users, could you share the number of subscriber's?

·
Administrator
11,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As far as subscriber's it varies throughout the year due to some not renewing but then others subscribe for the first time.

Here's another number for the stats people.
Over the past 5 days (Mon-Fri) an average of 1445 unique users came to CLF each day.
About 24% of those were new visitors.

Although CLF is visited at all hours of the day the hours between Noon and 9pm are the most heavily visited times.

Some averages over the last 5 days.
Pages viewed/visit - 11
Length of time on CLF - 7 minutes.

Those are averages per visit of a total of just over 11,000 visits in the same 5-day period.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts