ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Closing July for Perch in Illinois has VERY little effect on the fishery. The only reason July is closed, is that the Lake Michigan Perch Fishermen DO NOT know how to WRITE A LETTER. The end. (live with the closure you all choose to have and shut up)

Ken S

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
Dear D N R . Please open July for perch fishing. Answer NO ! O K next letter ? :eek: Do you think people have not tried to write letters? They do no good.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Dear ??? ??????

Wait a minute ...... who's the Director now?

After Gransburg was fired by Quinn was a new director named and confirmed?

Dear Ken, who do you write to?

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Marc Miller.

As I understand it, "we" voted for the July closure some years back at a Great Lakes symposium or sumpin' like that.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Thanks Paul, I see now that he was confirmed by the Senate in late May.

·
Premium Member
6,424 Posts
I can't remember all the details but at one of the lake michigan spring meetings The DNR biologist said they need to cut back the number of perch that were beening taken out of the lake. July had the highest number of people fishing and bagging perch so they closed it in July.

If closing the season in July will keep the perch population going them I am all for it. Its rally nice to have a perch fishery like this right in our own backyard.

·
Registered
565 Posts
The Little King said:
I can't remember all the details but at one of the lake michigan spring meetings The DNR biologist said they need to cut back the number of perch that were beening taken out of the lake. July had the highest number of people fishing and bagging perch so they closed it in July.

If closing the season in July will keep the perch population going them I am all for it. Its rally nice to have a perch fishery like this right in our own backyard.[/quot

I agree it has been many years since we have seen the size perch in the #'s being caught today. In boats and for the shore fisherman. The perch are one of the last indiginous fish left in the Lake Michigan Illinois waters. Salmon stocked,Lake Trout decimated,Round Gobie invader, Zebra Mussle invader, numerous plant species invader.
I don't know how old you are but there was a time that my son will not be able to enjoy with me as I did my father SMELT FISHING GONE! I can remember in the early sixties going to Navey Pier and seeing fisherman pulling hearing out one after another GONE! Alewive population GONE! and with it the salmon and Trout population is dwindling. The Salmon were introduced to decrease the # of alewive and they did along with the smelt. I may catch flack for this but you sound more like a POLITICIAN than a fisherman. So do everyone a favor and do what most politicians should do. Take your own advice and
:)2 SHUT UP!!!

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
The lowly perch aren't even being caught or fished for and they are still causing controversy this month.

-----------------------------------
RoundGobie

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
SHUT UP :)6 three

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
Maybe a July closure isn't so bad. Over the weekend there were 60+ stabbing and shooting incidents, 10 dead, over 30 wounded. Wacky city!

·
Registered
205 Posts
LOL I am going a little crazy myself but I have not mugged or killed anybody yet. Looking for a fix for a month or so till the perch season is open or the shore salmon season starts but everything else is so far away.

·
Premium Member
10,336 Posts
Possible Solutions..........
1. Open July fishing, but "No Fishing between midnight and 9am"...

2. "No Weekend Fishing from Shore at any time"... The Lakefront is for the use of the sunbathers, joggers and soccer players on the weekends......
So basically if your cell phone is on free minutes, you can't fish....

3. Shut Up

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME!

YOU SHUT UP!

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
FISH TRACKER said:
I agree it has been many years since we have seen the size perch in the #'s being caught today. In boats and for the shore fisherman. The perch are one of the last indiginous fish left in the Lake Michigan Illinois waters. Salmon stocked,Lake Trout decimated,Round Gobie invader, Zebra Mussle invader, numerous plant species invader.
I don't know how old you are but there was a time that my son will not be able to enjoy with me as I did my father SMELT FISHING GONE! I can remember in the early sixties going to Navey Pier and seeing fisherman pulling hearing out one after another GONE!
Very fine point.

If any period should be closed, it should be April and May.

The spawning perch plucking armada is growing and growing every year. You would be amazed at how many boats are hovering 60 feet over the perch spawning grounds plucking off jumbos loaded with spawn. For what, a couple of fillets?

I hope I'm not ruffling anyone's feathers, but I see far less damage to a population of perch from shore anglers plucking some post spawn fish vs the boaters completely wailing on them while they are pre spawn and spawning in the perch prime spawning grounds

·
Registered
774 Posts
Rumor has it that King Richard is gonna put parking meaters all around the front of the lake , that is free now . That should slow down the crowds a little . Maybe , write him a letter and he will get just Chicago open , for July perchin ?

Good Luck and Safe Trips .................................... Walldady

PS : Shut Up :-D :-D :-D

·
Premium Member
6,424 Posts
According to the DNR taking of too many spawing perch is not the problem, its getting the fry past the 1 year old stage.

The DNR wanted to cut back the number of perch taken out of the system and July had the most people fishing and keeping perch.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Idle hands will do the devils work...I personally sold over fifty bags of heroin this last weekend...I stomp on it pretty good cutting it down to about a 30% potency with ground perch meat.

I killed four people, stabbed eight and shook down a few perchatutes just fo' the Hell of it.

I was pleased to see that last weekend the front of lake michigan was still crowded with poachers acquiring the percheeeez wirth nary a child in sight. Took a few pics, pissed some poachers off... might post later.

There is really no need to stop perch fishing....There is no enforcement...A total joke.

I hit the perch for the hell of it, just for the yell I get
Mmm mmm mmm, for the smell of it

Oh, you make me wanna shoop.

Shut up!

OXOXOXOXOX,

Courtney

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.