ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Caught this guy along with several others, late last night in waist deep water. How is everyone else making out with the wiley walleyes this season ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No River

It is still a little early and hit and miss with these guys, I have been working Wolf Lake using Rapala HuskyJerks.

I use a whole diffrent setup for river fishing, where and what are you fishing with ?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I was going to hit the k3 seemed like it was turning on from what i've been hearing. Real curious as to where i can do some nite time walleye fishing i live in Mt. Greenwood legally or illegal just really need to know where i can park any help is much appreciated. Nice fish even better eatin.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Maybe you could share your river set up my gameplan was jig and twister jig and minnow drift some minnows xtraps, huskys,ratltraps no waders mainly from shore thanks

·
Registered
356 Posts
Beautiful eye, what river do you fish and what body of water did you catch that one in?

·
Administrator
11,722 Posts
jaycbs74 said:
i live in Mt. Greenwood legally or illegal just really need to know where i can park any help is much appreciated.
I would sure hope nobody suggests where to park illegally.
I would also hope nobody asks for suggestions for anything illegal in the future either.

I'm not dumping on you jaycbs74, but we try to be ethical about things on CLF.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Parking somewhere with sole intention to fish is'nt even in the unethical class. Now if i kept any of the walleyes filled with eggs we got into the other night now that would of been unethical. All i wanted was some info on places to shore angle for nite eyes its not like their big secrets I found a couple already just takin a ride and askin around.

·
Administrator
11,722 Posts
That's the problem though, parking somewhere where it is not legal to park, just because you are going to fish legally, is most certainly unethical.

The way you state it, it's legal to trespass as long as I release the fish.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I have to agree with Ed here. Just stupid to break in somewhere just to catch a few walleyes......I can do it just as well on legal waters, where I can park legally.

I live in Beverly...right next to Mt. Greenwood, and I have no problems finding legal places to fish. Tampier, Heidecke...hell Wolf is only 15 minutes away from us! Get a non-resident Indiana license and go for it! Not only that, you can fish at Wolf on the Indiana side till 11pm!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts