1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Windy City Carp League
sponsored by:
Wacker Bait and Tackle

This Saturday morning is the first round of the summer league. It will be held behind NORTHSIDE PREP HIGH SCHOOL at Bryn Mawr(5600N) and Kedzie(3200W). There is plenty of parking in the school lot. I will be set-up down by the river edge. The DRAW is at 7AM. Start fishing at 8AM. We wil be fishing from 8AM until Noon. Please sign-up here at either chicagolandfishing.com or carpanglersgroup.com. It's important that I know how many people are going to show. So I can section out the proper number of pegs. If you have any question, feel free to contact me at either website. chicagolandfishiong.com or carpanglersgroup.com Good luck andGood fishing. later

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
8:) One of you carpers e-mailed to ask if there are any special qualifications to enter. no. All you need is a rod and reel and to sign-up just so I know that you're coming. There is NO fee to fish. Only if you qualify for the last round in September. I will help anyone who asks. This kind of fishing is surprisingly easy. Minimal amount of equipment is needed. But of course, any fisher can make it as complicated as they choose. There will be some of the most experienced carpers of Chicago fishing the various events, so almost any question can be answered. Hope this helps. keep the questions coming. later ;)

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello fellow carpers, Tracy here. Looks like there will be a small turn out. I'm going to set up 10 pegs and we'll draw for pegs at 7am. Start fishing at 8am. It is suppose to rain but not very hard. Those who signed up have fished this venue before so this is for the rest. The rain won't give us any problem. Good drainage, so good footing at 90% of the venue. We'll probably stay off the steep slope on the north end. Current should be a little increased from the normal. It will probably take 2 to 4 oz. of weight to stay still. Loop or open end feeders are most likely best bet. I will have at least one method feeder out. Corn (canned or feed) is used mostly with good results although I've seen pellets and boilies have their day. Spectators are welcome. It is a nice little park and have seen people bar-b-que there also. Hope this helps some. See you Saturday. later

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.