Windy City Carp League Sponsored by Wacker Baits.
The league is going to be comprised of 9 individual events or matches that will held during the summer of 2008. This tournament is to determine the best windy city carp fisher. There will be 9 different venues for this years championship. Each of the 8 preliminary matches are to be 4 hours. Anglers are invited to sign-up via the internet(www.carpanglersgroup.com
) to participate in as many matches as they choose. Each of the first 8 matches will be FREE of charge. The 9th match will be the championship round and must qualify to fish. To qualify for the final match, an angler MUST fish at least 4 of the 8 posted matches. The top 20 posted combined weights will be the 20 anglers invited to fish the championship. Each angler that fishes one of the events will post a weight of caught carp for that event. Even if the angler fails to catch a carp, they will get credit for showing-up and fishing. The 4 highest weights will be combined to give that anglers entry weight for the finals. So if a fisher catches 10lbs.,20lbs.,30lbs., and 0lbs. for 4 matches, gives them a total of 60lbs. as their entry weight for the finals. If an angler chooses to fish more than 4 events to improve their total weight, they are welcome to do so. If that fisher chooses to fish a 5th match and catches 40lbs. of carp. The new higher weight will replace the lowest of the others for a new total of 100lbs. as a new entry weight. The 9th and final match will an 8 hour event. Entry fee will be posted later. The HIGHEST TOTAL WEIGHT WILL DRAW FIRST ON CHAMPIONSHIP DAY. The 2nd highest will draw 2nd and so on.... If a qualifying person is unable to fish the final day, their spot will go to the next person on the qualified list. The fisher with greatest weight on the final day will crowned WINDY CITY CARP LEAGUE CHAMPION 2008.
RULES AND REGULATIONS.
1. The draw will be EXACTLY 1 hour before the start of fishing.
2. Pegs/flags shall be 10-20 yards apart and must be staked out by club official(s) and numbered PRIOR TO DRAWING PEGS.
3. Anglers may go to their pegs after the draw is completed.
4. During the preparation period, competitors may set-up their gear, test their rigs, and plumb depth. NO FEEDING IS ALLOWED DURING THIS TIME! No bait on hooks during this process.
5. Ground bait/chum may be thrown-in by hand, by catapult, throwing sticks, and bits droppers.
6. Anglers must be positioned NOT farther than 3 feet to either side of their peg/flag. An angler may fish up to HALF THE DISTANCE TO THE NEXT PEG on either side. THIS ALSO GOES TO THE ANGLER WITH AN END PEG! If pegs are 20 yards apart, you may only fish 10 yards to either side of your flag/peg. NO 50 yard casts to the side if your of an end peg.
7. Wading is not permitted. You may go in after something that has fallen into the water, but NO fishing from the water.
8. Anglers will be restricted to 2 poles, 2 lines, 2 hooks at a time. An angler may have as many spares set-up ready at any time, but my only use 2 at a time.
9. Ledger, feeder, hair-rigging, and float fishing are allowed.
10. NO artificial lures,jigs, may be used.
11. An angler MUST STRIKE, PLAY the fish UNASSISTED. No help from other anglers or guests or interested spectators. A fish may be played into the next peg area but only for the shortest amount of time as possible. NO walking over to where the fish is. It must be played and landed from your peg/flag. Netting the fish may be done by anyone.
12. Anglers under the age of 13 are allowed to fish but MUST be accompanied by supervising adult. The supervising adult is allowed to assist a the minor angler.
13. Competitors MUST STOP FISHING when the horn sounds to end the match. All lines are to be removed in a timely manner.
14. We will use the weigh as their caught format. There will a board with the current standings of fish caught.
15. IF A FISH IS HOOKED BEFORE THE HORN SOUNDS. THE ANGLER WILL GET 15 MINUTES TO LAND THE FISH. The angler must let an official known that a fish is being played so the time count down can be monitored. IF THE FISH IS STILL TOUCHING THE WATER WHEN TIMES-UP, THE FISH WILL NOT COUNT!
16. Weigh-in must be conducted by an official and verified by both the official and the angler whose catch is being weighed.
17. In case of any violation of the above rules, where a complaint has been launched, the decision of the official(s) will be final.
18. Angler's shall conduct themselves in a manner not prejudicial to the sport of carp fishing. Any questions to this rule will be decided by the local law enforcement officer. MIND YOUR MANNERS!!!!!!!
19. All penalties will be assessed in the form of weight. The bigger the infraction the larger the amount of weight will be removed from that angler's total
May 3 Saturday Northside Prep H.S. Chicago River North Channel
May 17 Saturday Northside Prep H.S. Chicago River North Channel
June 7 Saturday Lincoln Park Rowing Canal Lincoln Park Zoo
June 22 Sunday Heideke Lake Morris Il.
July 13 Sunday Wolf Lake Wm. Powers State Park Il/In border
July 20 Sunday Sun-Times Bldg. Chicago River Btwn Ashland and Damen
August 3 Sunday Ping Tom Park Chinatown Chicago River
August 16 Saturday Fox River Montgomery Il.
September 13 Saturday Des Plaines River Bicentennial Park Joliet Il.
I will post more info the week prior to each event as to parking and any other info I can get hands on.
GOOD LUCK AND GOOD CARPIN' !!!!!!!!!!