ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks everyone!

I just had to get that off my chest like I do every year about this time.

There is something about this winter. Maybe it's because I have had to fill up my snow blowers gas can three times.

Here is to open water and tight lines!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Winter does suck, but I still enjoy walking by your office a few times a week! I think I have shovelled my granfather's driveway a dozen times this year so far. Going to be some winterkilled ponds this year I bet too.

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
I checked out some ponds about an hour South of Aurora on Sunday afternoon. Lots of pressure cracks on the ice and the shorelines on the NW corners had about 5 feet of open water. Spring is coming soon :)2

·
Premium Member
2,679 Posts
Spring Time in the area???

I saw several flocks of geese heading north last week, but so far most of them are still south. Hopefully this week more migrations and honking of geese will be seen and heard. I get a kick out of seeing so many geese migrating. With this lousy winter we will be more appreciative when the good weather comes and we can start casting to our hearts content. I think a lot of guy will be calling in sick on our first balmy weather :lol: :lol: :lol: I won't have to do that because I am retired. :)2 :)2

·
Premium Member
8,116 Posts
I'm really surprised that it isn't -10 with a fott of snow.... Last week I giave up the ghost and put the ice fishing gear away for the season, then over the weekend I pulled the snow plow off the front of the ATV...Usually when I do stuff like that the temps drop and the snow flies :lol:
Heck, my kids are already asking about firing up the hot tub :eek:

·
Registered
655 Posts
Geese headind north, no limit heading south. Leaving tomorrow for Norfork Ak.

Months of anticipation and planning, we're on the eve of our annual trip.Weather forecast in 60's.

Hoping to post pics and good reports. :)2 :)2 :)2

Winter does suck.

·
Registered
116 Posts
i for one welcome the cold and hate the heat just remember in july when its 98 with just the same humidity with the sweat running down your crack
this should be the last weekend for us in north il to get out and be safe and please hurry back

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey FishinMatt, isn't about that time of year again?
(The time to post the Chippendale picture of you know who!)

Thats how I know it's Spring!

·
Premium Member
2,109 Posts
I put the ice fishing gear away today, and saw a bunch of sandhill cranes headed north. At least six huge flocks , might be stopping at crabtree nature center, as in years past. I'll un tarp the boat the first 60 degree day with little or no wind. Its getting to be that time, maybe I'll summerize the snow thrower for storage soon.

·
Administrator
11,722 Posts
fishead said:
I put the ice fishing gear away today, ...
I did too and am going to give the river a good shot tomorrow to see what's up.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I've been seeing/hearing the sandhill cranes the last couple days as well. Going to and from springfield early this week I also saw many huge flocks of smaller birds (mostly blackbirds). Also, on the Fox the last couple days I've been seeing many different species of ducks and divers and such...many of which you only see during spring and fall migration. Spring should be right around the corner....I think someone fogot to tell the guy making the extended forcast though!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts