ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quite windy as most of us had today. Went out with my nephew and was the fist time on the lake with my boat with the restrictions lifted. I have ice fished the lake but have never been in a boat. We were in the middle lake and took 1 crappie did some searching for the next trip out. Was supprised that it got soooo! shalow so quick. The crappie hit a J-11 in fire tiger. A small fish for such a big lure. I hope to learn this lake if anyone has any help please let me know. This is a real clear lake on the IL. side does anyone know what the IND. side is like and the access availible.
bill

· Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Pike slayer
I want to learn the lake and it seams there are many shore fisherman but not many boats. Which is alright by me. When I was ice fishing I saw some good nothern come out of the north IL part of the lake and some bass to. Can you get to the IND side by boat?
thanks
bill

· Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Finsupin
I hope I got your name right. The restriction was 10HP on the motor. They lifted that to no wake. I pity the poor (dumb) fisherman that breaks it for the first time as there was some opposition to it. It failed at shabona. And I think rightfully so. Thats a small lake with heavy preasure. I have been without a boat and know how that feels. I heard today (not validated that the HP max on the boat can not exceede 75 but I am not sure. Best bet to call in advance to the park, they will know. I am not sure about the IND laws.
Bill

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WSJ_outdoorsman on 2002-04-16 21:04 ]</font>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.