ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys whats going on. Im coming up north to the wolf river this weekend appleton area , just wondering if anyone has any reports or suggestions they wanted to share with me?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the report. i actually just got back from there. we caught 21 in two days between 4 guys. i would say they are hot! yah! anyone have any tips for fishing the wolf for white bass in may.

·
Premium Member
2,679 Posts
White bass

*** said:
thanks for the report. i actually just got back from there. we caught 21 in two days between 4 guys. i would say they are hot! yah! anyone have any tips for fishing the wolf for white bass in may.
***: I assume you are kidding when you say they are hotl 21 for 4 guys, You got to be kidding. The best time to go to the Wolf river is from Mothers day on to about the 24th of May. Sometimes they run till Memorial day, but that is iffy. The best rig is a Wolf river rig. I make my own, because the ones they sell have big hooks and one weight. Here is how I make them. Starting with a 3 way swivel. One eye of the swivel attach a line 12 inches long with a snap swivel to attach the bell sinker. 3/8 oz to 1/2 oz. The reason why I use the snap swivel on this end is I can quickly adjust the weight to suit the current. The other eye attach a 24 inch line with a small hook. You don't need any big hooks. The 3rd eye attached to your line from the rod. For bait I use minnows. When the females are thru spawning you should use Panther Martin, or rooster tails. You can catch one every cast. Pinkies are also good to use. Another thing if the bass aren't biting that good in the day time, by all means fish at night. They are notorious night feeders. However if you go out at night make sure you have all the proper running lights.

·
Premium Member
2,679 Posts
Walleyes

***: At first I thought you were talking about white bass, when you said that amongst 4 of you guys you caught 21.. I didn't realize that you were talking about walleyes. Those were some husky walleyes.

·
Registered
352 Posts
silly ***, check your pm.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Walleyes

Chuck said:
***: At first I thought you were talking about white bass, when you said that amongst 4 of you guys you caught 21.. I didn't realize that you were talking about walleyes. Those were some husky walleyes.
thanx man, yeah i was talking about the eye's!! no problem thanx for the tip!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts