ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was out on the wolf river this past weekend did pretty good on sunday morning. thought id share some pic's. check out the big carp my friend snagged!!wow

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
we were right down from the rat! it was a good weekend, ill also be up there again in may.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'm gonna say this and I know I'm gonna get some slack............................
But I can't STAND to see EGG bearing fish ready for the KNIFE..................

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mark Komo said:
Nice fish. That carp musta been fun.
it was funny cause we were fishing this whole where the eye's were held up, and he kept snaging these big carp. that one was the biggest of the day @ 15.7 lbs. except for the 35lb sturgeon that was caught and RELEASED after a pic

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey where doall you guys stay at when you go up there?? ive been staying at the Pine Grove Resort, just wondering what the other local places are like?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Its right in freemont. They do have a boat launch thats free for campers and the park is pretty nice. They even have a bait shop on site.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
BReyeAN said:
Its right in freemont. They do have a boat launch thats free for campers and the park is pretty nice. They even have a bait shop on site.
sounds good, thannks man. i'll check it out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Going up to the Wolf in May, any help would be appreciated. I fish Musky mostly but am going in hopes to catch some walleye. The extent of my walleye fishing is tying a ledhead on and dropping it on a reef in Canada. Not use to river fishing. Any tips on fishing the wolf? Bait? Lures? Structure? Thanks.

·
Registered
381 Posts
flounder said:
wolf river house for me and the 15 other guys that go to
I'd love to try the house boat thing one time....I've seen times where they tie up to the rock wall and stay there for days...I also seen a time where they were so drunk they bounced the wall all the way down :eek: , Did anyone know that 10-20 yards on the other side of the wall at the tip the water is only maybe 1-2 foot deep? all my years of going up there I never knew it...We saw a bunch of boats last fall tied up together walking around in less then knee deep water which is exaclty what my kids wanted to do...I'm suppose to be up there the 19th of May?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts