ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for small styrofoam boxes to put crawlers in. I have a small room fridge in the basement and I would like to put crawlers in it. Wife won't let me keep them in the big fridge. A friend told me the size that would probably work is the size people get medications in. Any body have any idea where I would be able to pick some of these up?

·
Registered
911 Posts
Worm boxes are pretty easy to come by, they have them at most of the tackle shops around here. I like the wooden ones that you can flip over and have access on both sides since crawlers like to go deep in the boxes.

·
Premium Member
2,109 Posts
I think he's talking about the small box's that hold a dozen crawlers ,like you get from the bait shop. Why not try calling Lee's , I'm sure he can fix you up.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I use a Plano bait container Model#745. It's big enough for 2 doz large crawlers. The lid locks, adjustable vent, good size folding handle, floats, hard plastic w/molded styrofoam insert. I have 2, one for crawlers and one just for leeches or minnows.

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
in that case, i would say to use some plactic tuppreware. Fill with the bedding you can buy, that way no dirt or mud. also, you can bring home and reuse, and you do not have to worry about the styrofoam breaking

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmmm, tupperware, now there is an idea. And when I am done, I can put the wifes tupperware back in the cabinet.

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
i meant re-use for worms, but if your gutsy enough to try and slip by the old lady....well, have at it ;)

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I came across a lady today that has a couple left over from Medicine. She said she should be getting some more. I have to go tomorrow and pick them up and see how they fit in the fridge.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Found what I need, I think. I will know tomorrow. I found a place that has a lot of different sizes. The size I am interested in is 7x6x5 or 7x7x6. These seem like a good size for putting in the fridge. I will let you know.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts