ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can it be that 200 boats can go out last weekend,catch 1500 plus fish with an average weight of nearly 2 1/2 pounds,then probably 400 go out today and EVERYONE I saw shrugged their shoulders and held thier hands out?!
Anyway, I fished Plum Island,178 bridge,39 bridge,the snaghole and the flats,pulling and jigging,and managed only 2 six inch fish and 4 misses.Better luck to those going out Sunday.......the hammer.
By the way,a few posts back,"fishing Thursday"I said I would post results of our 3 day excursion,we caught 2 fish in three days.One fish,1#9oz. to take 6th in the carpenters tournament and one shorty the next day in the Prarieland tournament.This has been a tough spring for me and I have to work next weekend so it may just be all over for me.But,only maybe.

·
Registered
54 Posts
hey hammer, you'll still catch saugers in 2
weeks so plan on it if you don't have to work
- alot has changed in the last few weeks,
that carpenter tourny weekend was tough and
i stayed home today mostly coz of the wind.
you absolutly have to stay vertical and it's
hard when the freakin wind blowing you and
current going the other way. have a blessed
EASTER

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya,I hear ya Lizrd.I just had real high hopes for today.After the report on the mwc and the time we had the weekend before(50 combined manhours in three days of brutal conditions for only 2 fish)today was quite a letdown.By 10:30 I was up to 5/8ths. oz. jigs to stay virtical on the flats.You gotta do what you gotta do to keep the "feel",but a little help from the fish would be nice!!!I'll find a way to blow off work next weekend,I'm due for a good day on the river.You have a good Easter yourself,Lizrd.....the hammer.

G

·
I was out today also and had the same problems. Too much wind and not enough fish. The fish are there but they are in pre-spwan and not hitting very well. I had a lot of minnows chewed up by the fish and only caught 2 small ones and 1 17.5 inch sauger. The fish are just mouthing the bait and sitting with it. All of the fish were in deep water. I don't understand why the fish have not spwaned yet because the water temp was 44 degrees. I read somewhere that they spwan between 38 and 42 degrees. Does anyone know why they are still full of spwan this late in the year?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts