ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

To those who expressed interest and suggestions - Thank You! It seems pushing the date out a little further would help some people and help facilitate the planning. So, here we go:

Date: Saturday May 4th

Time: 10:00am

Where: There is a park on the south side of the river near the dam. We'll meet in the larger parking lot.

How to sign up: E-mail me and encourage others to sign up by replying to this post.

If you have waders please bring them. There are two islands that have a lot of trash. Bring your fishing poles too.

Any more advise is still very welcome.

Thank you for your willingness to help and be a good stewards of our Natural Resource - The Fox.

Razzo (Russ)
[email:93ud84yy][email protected][/email:93ud84yy]

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BTW: these photos of trash at the river were not stagged; however, I did throw them in the trash can after taking the shot.

I've have been kept from fishing for one reason or another for months. Hope to change that soon. I'd like to post a picture of fish rather than trash.

Nicer weather is on the way - good luck fishing y'all!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I was wondering if you could give me directions for the clean up. I wanted to take my family to help and were coming from the plainfield area. Thanks.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?zoom=7&mapdata=YGJh3qt%2fTMPpHa5iTjDooP%2bo75fg%2fPv0%2bJvuUd5fSXhN1n%2bBLH1jgWHQ%2bDwYbqZuIWMppkDcrV0XMAkmDdVfGjai%2bFWI3ZE44putqRSuUKuVfERGrAWfD5qOq%2feDL3U55XephJMVr%2b3ROAVZsvE%2bfAS4k74ypY67kKWNzeUmaakKhUOpXp2U2HeHT5fS200t87nzAPk%2f6CwrFaSFFuR5qKrL1t5crazZ%2bwaIxz%2bWfaba7Vu8KsV0Ds%2fKg4GGMo523h3p7ZsITXje9o4GU21AVDO22HMi2jUsBe%2bzCZ0rJb%2bSqJD7Ayky69Js%2bcUasd6Ikjv3x15jlar%2fn5y4VYlGesisNjO1ckCsOa0p%2bJ%2baZrdLe1Hiia8MNg%3d%3d

The above link should be to mapquest map for Freeman's Sports which is located next to the park where we will be meeting.

<font color="#FFFF00">commando</font> - please e-mail me. I am trying to keep an e-mail list of all who plan on attending. My e-mail: [email protected]

I live in Plainfield too.

From Interstate 55 (south) exit on Route 126 (west).

You'll pass through downtown Plainfield and then 11 miles of beautiful country.

Pass the light at Route 71 and go to Route 47 (north/right).

Route 47 (north) approx. 1 mile to the last street before the Fox River Bridge: Hydraulic (right).

One block to Freeman’s Sports (left side). His sign is hard to read but you'll see his canoes.

1/2 block after Freeman’s Sports is the main parking lot (left side) which is just before the park/play area.

Great idea bringing your family. I just might bring my daughter.

Thanks for picting in! Bring your fishing poles. Maybe the smallies will be hitting.

Razzo

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Took my four year old son (Garrett) to the park by the Yorkville dam tonight. Us boys were kicked out of the house due to the wife hosting a bridal shower. Noticed the Cub Scouts doing a little clean-up. Nice to see. Unfortunately, their efforts probably won't lessen the need for our CLF clean-up.

The River is up to the cement wall. Our volunteers without waders can clean-up the shoreline while we can send some waders to the two islands (which are desperate for a cleaning) and some to the North shore.

Does anyone know if the hunk of twisted metal that used to be a boat is still cluttering the North shore by the dam? Most likely still is there with the scavanged remains of its engine. Any body have any ideas how we could remove that thing?

Keep thinking clean-up. The high water will have washed a new batch of trash down river.

Please e-mail me to sign up.
Razzo

G

·
it was last year or two years ago that i was wading under the dam and i saw something yellow sticking out of the water and i went over there and i saw half of a jet ski, then later i was going to the island and i ran into some thing which was odd because i know the water like the back of may hand, at first i thought it was a snapper because it was so big, but it wasnt smooth so i reached down and it was an engine, i dont know how it fot there, but i assume that it was from the jet ski, thats when i realized how bad the river has gotten, i think that we should just have the prisioners clean it up, why ot the jail is only a mile or two away, anayways i think that its great what you guys are doing

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hey Razzo whats the update on how may people are going.Do you have a pretty good head count.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
spvergara,

Thanks for signing up. With you and your wife that makes about eight. I'd like to see that double.
<font color="#FFFF00">_________________________________________</font>

I will share a few smallie tips after the clean-up. Some of the tips that were taught at last years "On the Water Class" (for free). For anyone wanting to learn some river basics, I will hapily teach the little I know.

<font color="#FFFF00">Come to the clean-up and pick up some trash, some tips and maybe some smallies.</font>

Please e-mail me to sign up.

Razzo

·
Registered
300 Posts
Razzo
Will happily take you up on that offer.Just this weekend I got skunked by my wife on the Fox when she caught a 4lb smallie and all I got was a 5 inch sheephead.Oh well at least she's learning.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: spvergara on 2002-04-22 09:15 ]</font>

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hi, just thought that since we are getting closer to the cleanup date that I would bring this post back to the top of the BB. I will be there and am trying to get some friends to come down there with me, I am truely looking forward to meeting everyone that is showing up.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Yes we could really use all the help we can get and then afterwards do a little fishing and maybe share tecniques.So if anyone can sign up and come on out at least it's better than work.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The Yorkville Cleanup IS ON (come Rain, Shine or whatever condition - except tornados and other natural disasters). Hope to meet many of you there.

<font color="#FFFF00">spvergara</font>, I was re-reading this thread and noticed that you mentioned your wife caught a 4 pound smallie on the Fox. Please ask her if she will teach us how to fish after the clean-up (we need an expert) :smile:

Razzo

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Razzo on 2002-05-01 19:59 ]</font>

·
Registered
300 Posts
You're telling me. Can you imagine how that makes me look and feel considering I only started her fishing in October of 2001.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Weather update.Not a cloud in the sky sunshine all day with temps around 72 degrees.Lets hope that doesn't change by Saturday.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Expecting a good turn out from the e-mails I have been receiving. A question came up about how to ID Razzo.

Here are some clues:

> Chubby white guy - 5'9"

> Tan Walleye Hat

> Hair: Short and Dishwater in color

> Car: Green 1997 four door Chevy Cavalier

> Good chance that car will have a green canoe on top (or in close proximity).

Looking forward to seeing you'all there.

Take Care,
Razzo

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.