ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if there are any restricted hours for night fishing at Yorkville & Montgomery?? How about restricted parking? I'm used to being kicked out of places at sundown in the northern burbs and I'm wondering if its the same down there. I'm new to fishing the fox (my first official case of walleye fever I guess) and I'd like to fish late into the night on Friday at either place. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am not aware of any restrictions in Yorkville. Public parking in the lot for the park on Hydrallic by Freemans Bait. No one will chase you out assuming you stay off of private property that borders the river. I would not get to close to the dam at night though for safety reasons.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. See you out there! If I am in your hole, come tell me exactly where I need to cast to land "your" 24" walleye. I'd appreciate the help. Haha.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The Montgomery dam hours are 1 hour after sunrise/sunset. But in the summer people catfish into the wee hours as long as they keep it clean (no loud music, booze etc.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts